Loading

These boots are made for cooking



Matt A. recently wrote about how he was ready for fall, and I couldn’t agree more. So what a pleasure it was to wake up this morning and see that the temperature in New York is 67 degrees. In August! Before Labor Day! I can put on my cowboy boots! And if I’m wearing cowboy boots that means it’s cool enough to cook. See, my apartment, while sporting a window unit, just can’t take the heat from the stove and the oven in the summer months. So I survive on a diet of smoothies, salads, hummus and chips and salsa—simple, cool foods. But I get bored with that mighty fast, and nothing is more fun than sitting in a kitchen for a few hours playing with the spices, herbs and whatever else is on hand and creating a dish or two or three. And if it’s boot-wearing season, it must also be play-in-the-kitchen season. It’s not quite time to tend to a huge pot of Texas Red, but I think I can finally broil those T-bones that have been hanging out in my freezer all summer. Now let’s just hope that this cool weather lasts. What are your favorite things to cook in the fall?
Follow RecipesDream