Loading

The Easiest Cheese Cookie Recipe Ever

Two birthday parties, two concerts (Joe Cocker on Thursday and Jäääär & Bonzo on Sunday), our regular parental weekend visits - in addition to my job at the university and internship in a restaurant - mean that I've done almost no cooking at home during the last week. However, I did make these delicious and exceptionally easy cheese crisps/cookies one day.

I used Eesti juust aka 'Estonian cheese' - a cheese similar to the Danish Havarti cheese which is available pretty much everywhere in the world, I believe. But I imagine most semi-hard cheese would work.

Easy Cheese Crisps/Cheese Cookies
(Imelihtsad juustuküpsised)



cheese, coarsely grated
caraway seeds, optional

Take small heaps of grated cheese and place them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Leave about 5 cm/2 inches between cookies, as they spread during baking.
Sprinkle some caraway seeds on each 'crisp', if you wish. I really love the taste of caraway seeds and find the flavour mingles wonderfully with cheese, but you could use cumin seeds or paprika powder or chilli flakes or anything else you like.
Place in the middle of pre-heated 180 C oven and bake for 5-7 minutes, until the cheese has melted and turned slightly golden on the edges. Remove the baking sheet from the oven (overbaked cheese is nasty and bitter, so be careful not to bake the crisps/cookies for too long!) and leave to cool. The cheese crisps harden slightly when cooling.

Serve as an accompaniment to a glass of hõõgvein/mulled wine/glühwein/glögg, or even regular wine or beer.

I bet my dad would appreciate these in the sauna :-)

Follow RecipesDream