Loading

A Cheese, Garlic and Beetroot Bruschetta

I am so cheating here. There's no recipe as such, and it's not even a proper bruschetta (or is it, Susan?). But I didn't know what else to call it - a grilled cheese and garlic and beetroot bread is a bit clumsy.

But the 'recipe' is from our friend Kristel, who claims not to be a great cook. I don't know about that - I've had some pretty brilliant salmon at her place, and now this grilled sandwich. She's on a mission to fight winter fatigue with plenty of beetroot and garlic, and this is her favourite snack at the moment. She shared the recipe on the discussion board of my Estonian site last week, and three other readers immediately made this and praised it. So although I said recently that I won't bother you with my latest beetroot recipes just now, I thought it'd be unfair to keep this from you.

Thank you, Kristel!

A Cheesy-Garlicky Beetroot Bruschetta
(Grillitud peedi-küüslauguleib)



sliced white or dark bread
cream cheese
garlic, peeled and sliced
cooked beetroot, coarsley grated
cheese, coarsely grated

Spread the cream cheese on the bread slice, cover with garlic slices. Top with grated beetroot and grated cheese.
Place under a hot grill for 7-8 minutes, until the sandwich is warm and cheese begins to melt.

Enjoy!
Follow RecipesDream