Loading

Balsamic Chicken with Spring Vegetables CrockPot Recipe


Day 107.

It is officially spring over here, and one of my favorite things to do during the spring and summer months is to walk to the neighborhood farmer's market or to our local produce stand. I love seeing piles of fresh fruits and vegetables ripe in all their glory. Most of the fruits and vegetables featured are organic and are grown by local farmers---I like the idea that I am helping a family by buying their offerings.

But these vegetables were from Safeway. I had good intentions of going to the produce stand but it was really early and it wasn't open and I wanted a tall nonfat with whip mocha.

I totally suck.

This meal, however, doesn't. I hope you are a better person than I am, and score some locally-grown vegetables.


The Ingredients.
--4-6 boneless skinless frozen chicken thighs
--1 whole head of garlic
--2 zucchinis
--2 yellow squash
--1 orange bell pepper
--1 yellow bell pepper
--1 red onion
--1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
--2 t Worcestershire sauce
--salt and pepper

The Directions.

salt and pepper your chicken pieces. Mine were still frozen, so a lot of it fell off, so I had to just dump it on top.

put the chicken into the crock.


Wash and cut all your vegetables and put into a mixing bowl. Peel the head of garlic, but keep the cloves intact.

toss the vegetables with balsamic vinegar and Worcestershire sauce.




pour the vegetables on top of the meat.

cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

I cooked this for 8, and then clicked it over to warm for another hour.

We ate this on top of quinoa.


The Verdict.

This was very tasty! I was happy with the sweetness of the red onion, and the roasted flavor of the garlic. The chicken was nice and tender, and the zucchini and squash soaked up the balsamic flavor nicely.

The kids weren't impressed, but ate what they were supposed to before asking for popsicles.
Follow RecipesDream