Loading

Cazón Sailor-Style

Special Dressing: Deep Blue

This dish is done with School Shark have you ever tried anything similar? First time I cooked it I didn't know what I was eating, but I was told by my fishmonger that there was no monk fish left (my first option) and that Cazón's meat was kind of similar... so I tried... and it was good I did because it has a wonderful thick and flavourful meat and it goes perfect in fideuà, with some potatoes, steamed with some veggies, or just grilled!

This dish is called this way because is the kind of meal that sailors prepare on boat when they go fishing off shore for days.

The differences between school shark and monk fish are many but the basic is that the former is a blue fish and the later is white. If you want more info follow their links to wikipedia. Eating blue fish it's known to be so healthy because they contribute in Omega 3 ("the good fats") and in the long run this helps to avoid heart attacks, bad brain blood circulation and rheumatoid arthritis.

Here you have two powerful reasons why I don't like having a dip in the sea.... Dips should only be for sauces ;-)



Don't forget some bread to dip in this sauce!!!
Follow RecipesDream