Loading

Margarita Chicken CrockPot Recipe




Day 111.

I read a lot of blogs. An awful lot. One good thing about my job (other than reading a lot of blogs) is that I read food blogs and am inspired daily to try new recipes, and also to recreate them in my crockpot.

I love Alanna's Kitchen Parade blog. She also has a vegetable blog filled with creative and delicious-sounding ideas.

I got the idea for this chicken dish from her lime chicken recipe. We didn't happen to have any limes in the house, but we always have margarita mix.


The Ingredients.

--4-5 frozen boneless skinless chicken thighs
--1/4 cup dijon mustard
--1/4 cup honey
--1 T gluten free soy sauce
--2 minced garlic cloves
--3 T margarita mix


The Directions.

--mix your sauce ingredients in a mixing bowl
--plop the frozen chicken in the bottom of your crockpot
--cover with the sauce
--cook on low for 7-9 hours or on high for 4-5. If your chicken is fresh, check it after 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low.


The Verdict.

This was delicious! The kids enjoyed it a lot, Adam and I each had seconds, and we didn't have any leftovers.

We served the chicken with some rice pilaf from Trader Joe's.

I think what I liked the most about this dish is that I wouldn't have come up with this flavor combination on my own---but it so totally works and tastes amazing.

Alanna rocks.
Follow RecipesDream