Loading

CrockPot Hamburger Patties Recipe


Day 159.


School is officially out, which means many more meals at home. Usually the "cooked" lunches around here are canned chili or soup, but I tried my hat at making hamburgers yesterday. Tracy (hi, Tracy!) emailed me earlier in the day to report that she was trying to make hamburgers, and I thought it was a great idea. She was a few hours ahead of me, and when she reported back she said that they worked, but there was a bunch of grease left in the crock.

That got my brain buzzing and I scoured the kitchen and garage for a little grill that would fit inside of my large, 6qt crockpot. I couldn't find one.



So I made a grill out of aluminum foil. This is a fun, easy way to make hamburgers for lunch (I could only fit 2 pre-formed burgers) without grease splatters on the stove. And I have yet to figure out the barbecue. That thing scares me.




The Ingredients.

--2 pre-formed hamburger patties, or 4 hand-made small ones
--a bit of seasoning (I used seasoned salt)
--slices of cheese; optional

hamburger fix'ens


The Directions.

Insert a tiny grill into your crockpot to keep the meat from cooking in grease. Unless that's okay with you.

Put the meat on top of the grill--I did not thaw the meat.

cover and cook on high. Check after 1 hour. Our burgers were completely cooked in 90 minutes. Although it's not shown in the picture, I did add a slice of cheddar cheese 15 minutes before turning off the crock. It melted nicely.

Drain on paper towels, and serve on a bun, or rice cake.

Top with all of your favorites.


The Verdict.

These were a hit! My six-year-old said it was the best hamburger she ever ate. I am very happy to have another easy lunch to put in the rotation this summer.

I really love my crockpot.
Follow RecipesDream