Loading

CrockPot Salsa Chicken Recipe


Day 177.

I got an email last week from Beckie, who suggested that I make her salsa chicken recipe. I'm so glad that I did! This is a super easy, super delicious meal, that is very low in fat, and filling. We had it over some rice, and scooped up the extra sauce with corn tortillas.

The Ingredients.

--6-9 chicken thighs, or equivalent body parts
--1 can rinsed black beans

--1 cup chunky salsa
--1 cup frozen white corn

The Directions.


Put your chicken in the crockpot; mine was still frozen. Top with the rinsed black beans, salsa, and corn.


Cover and cook on low for 6-9 hours, or on high for 4-5. Cooking time will vary depending on whether or not your chicken is frozen, and how big the pieces are.


If you decide to use breasts, increase your salsa by 1/2 cup. Breasts are drier than thighs.


The Verdict.

This was a really yummy dish, and I liked how low in fat it was. If you don't have enough meat in the house, or would like to stretch the dish, you can add a 1/2 block of cream cheese, a cup of sour cream, or a can of cream-of-something soup to the ingredients. I really liked it like this, though---but I know that I've made something similar in the past with a creamyish sauce.


Thank you, Beckie! This was a great meal for my family, and I'm enjoying the leftovers as nacho topping.
Follow RecipesDream