Loading

Salmon in Aromatic Pickle and a Meme

A year ago, or so, my friend Margo (a beautiful dutch woman living here in Spain for a good bunch of years now) cooked this dish for me and I found the flavours so well combined and amazing that I asked her for the recipe.... It took me nearly a year to cook it... Wow... but finally did! And I must say: this is a delicious way to prepare your salmon!


Beautiful Val from More than a Burnt Toast recently announced that a contest was being held at Marx Foods... guest Star: Salmon. Check the site and participate in the event with a Salmon recipe! Here is mine :D

Ingredients for 4 servings: 500 grs. of Salmon, 6 garlic cloves, 1 green onion, 1 spoontable of thyme, 100 grs of honey, 1 dl of balsamic vinegar, 35 ml of soy sauce, 2 dl of fish stock (or water if you don't have any), some parsley, olive oil and salt.

  • Finely mince the garlics and the onion and make them sweat in a sauce pan with some olive oil (3 to 4 spoontable aprox) and the thyme. When the onion gets transparent, add the honey and caramelize.
  • Add the vinegar and the soy sauce, let it reduce for one minute and add the fish stock. Cook at low/medium fire until the sauce thickens.
  • Preheat the oven at 160ºC.
  • Wash and dry the salmon pieces and sprinkle some salt on top.
  • Take another sauce pan and pour a little bit of oil, when hot, add the salmon with the skin down first and golden it a bit.
  • Put the salmon in a recipient and pour the aromatic sauce on top. Place in the oven (middle rack) for 10 minutes.
  • Mince the fresh parsley and when the salmon is ready and out of the oven sprinkle some thick sea salt on it and the parsley.

Also, Want to know a little more about me? Time for another meme... Beautiful Ivy from Kopiaste has tagged me with this one:

1) LAST MOVIE U SAW IN A THEATRE?
Dinosaurs in 3D.... I had their jaws 10 cmts away from my nose!!!

2) WHAT BOOK ARE U READING?
Quattrocento from Susana Fortes... about the Médicis family in Florencia.

3) FAVOURITE BOARD GAME?
Scrabble.

4) FAVOURITE MAGAZINE?
CUINA (catalan food magazine)

5) FAVOURITE SMELLS?
A chicken and meat broth during winter, magnolia flower in spring, sea and salt on the skin during summer and humid forest during fall.

6) FAVOURITE SOUNDS?
Shrieks of swallows, a baby's laughter, the splash of the sea waves and the thunderstorms.

7) WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD?
Feeling pain and feeling insecure

8) WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN U WAKE?
Five more minutes, please!!!!

9) FAVOURITE FAST FOOD PLACE?
None

10) FUTURE CHILD'S NAME?
I have no future in that.

11) FINISH THIS STATEMENT—’IF I HAD A LOT OF MONEY I’D’
I Make as many people happy with my money as I could!

12) DO U DRIVE FAST?
My car only goes up to 50 Km per hour... snails and turtles go faster than me!

13) DO U SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL?
Nope!

14) STORMS–COOL OR SCARY?
I love them when I'm save at home :D

15) WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CAR?
The one I have now... I had it for one year!

16) FAVOURITE DRINK?
Cold Beer... always!

17) FINISH THIS STATEMENT-IF I HAD THE TIME I WOULD…
Blog more... He, he... just kidding!

18) DO YOU EAT THE STEMS ON BROCCOLI?
Yes I do

19) IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY OTHER COLOUR, WHAT WOULD BE YOUR CHOICE?
I wouldn't change my colour.

20) NAME ALL THE DIFFERENT CITIES/TOWNS U HAVE LIVED IN?
I have only lived in Barcelona for most of my life and now I live in a village nearby.

21) FAVOURITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Car races.

22) ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
Ivy is a generous and warm hearted woman♥.

23) WHATS UNDER YOUR BED?
My suitcases.

24) WOULD U LIKE TO BE BORN AS YOURSELF AGAIN??
Yes, I can't complain at all with the life I had and have :D.

25) MORNING PERSON OR NIGHT OWL?
Depending on the situation.

26) OVER EASY OR SUNNY SIDE UP?
I don't understand this question.

27) FAVOURITE PLACE TO RELAX?
In the woods.

28) FAVOURITE PIE?
Chocolate and nuts.

29) FAVOURITE ICECREAM FLAVOUR?
Vanilla and macadamia nuts.

30) OF ALL THE PEOPLE U HAVE TAGGED, WHO IS THE MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND FIRST?
Who knows?

Now I have to tagg 5 more foodie bloggers and since I'm tagging the same people always, this time, I will pick new foodies I've just discovered and enjoy reading their blogs, this way you can also meet them :D

Josmans at Pass the Saffron, Please

Lore from Culinarty

Kittie from Kittens in the Kitchen

Swati from SugarCraft in India

Katie from The Summertree Caffee


Have fun!!!

Follow RecipesDream