Loading

Green Gazpacho - A Dive into Freshness

I think that this week is going to be the Could Soups/Puree week! Monday: Carrot's Puree, Wednesday: Green Gazpacho and Friday: Ajo blanco, a typical Spanish dish, original from Andalusia, as Gazpacho is, but made out of Almonds, garlic and bread.

Back to our Green Dive, have it as a first dish or appetizer or just to keep the heat away. This is my first time using a bulb fennel, but I've seen in your blogs that is not unknown to you.

Fennel is a herb that connects me to my childhood, its smell takes me back to green fields with uptight little snails in fennel branches and butterflies all over and me running and capturing them! However, I never used it in my kitchen, but there's always a first time for everything!


Ingredients for 4 servings: 4 celery branches (the whiter ones and no leaves), 1 fennel bulb, 2 cucumbers, 30 grs. of pine nuts, 2 tablespoons of honey, 8 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 2 branches of fresh mint, salt and black ground pepper.
  • Clean the celery branches and cut in small pieces, peel the cucumbers and cut too, cut the fennel bulb and the mint leaves.
  • Place in a food processor and blend until you get a fine texture. You might need to add some water (I added 1 glass).
  • Pour the honey and the pine nuts and blend it.
  • Sift it so that you get a thick soup or a light puree.
  • Add the olive oil and stir (do not use the food processor).
  • Add salt and black ground pepper to fit your taste.
  • Place in the fridge and add a mint leave on top. Serve cold.

Enjoy it!


I'm submitting this recipe to Grace's blog: A Southern Grace and her Event - Beat the Heat (what a great idea!). I can't wait to see the round-up full of fresh recipes to help pass the summer heat. Hey! Head over her blog and contribute with a summer recipe :D
Follow RecipesDream