Loading

making pizza.

I have, at certain points in my life, taken an interest making my own pizza dough. More often than not, I have gone with a nice flatbread or focaccia and had great success. Recently, however, I have been much happier to go with a shortcut. The Heartwood Bakery and Cafe, just down the road from me (and my former workplace), sells (!) their organic, kamut pizza crusts for only $7 (for 2). You basically pop them in the oven to defrost them a bit, top them, and bake them like normal. Beautiful thin crusts that become crunchy on the outside and soft, chewy in the centre.

Michael and I made a couple for dinner (plus leftovers) the other week. Here are some highlights.



One had a rosemary/thyme/basil pesto, while the other was straight-up tomato sauce. Lots of feta, sauteed mushrooms with umeboshi, feta, zucchini, tomato, and parm. Olive oily and delicious.

Follow RecipesDream