Loading

CrockPot Fillet of Sole with Pesto Recipe


Day 245.

Happy Labor Day!

I made some fish yesterday. In the crockpot. It was terribly easy.


This is
the lazy way to make fish. My brother and his wife (Hi Andy! Hi Karen!) went to Italy this summer and brought us back a bottle of genuine Italian pesto.
I put it in the crockpot.

The Ingredients.


--1 to 2 pounds of white fish. I used Sole.
--bottled pesto

--shredded Parmesan cheese
--foil


The Directions.


Spread out a layer of foil on the counter top. Put a piece of fish in it. Cover it with a spoonful of pesto. Sprinkle on some shredded Parmesan.

Fold over the foil to create a little packet.
Put the packet in the crockpot.

Continue to layer in foil packets until you run out of fish.

If you are feeling spunky,
go ahead and layer in some asparagus, spinach, squash, zucchini, or some other vegetable you feel goes well with fish.

I fit 4 large foil packets into a 6 quart crockpot, and could have added a few extra.

DON'T add water. I promise it will cook.
Cover and cook on LOW for 3-4 hours. You really should check it after 3 hours. The fish is done when it is fully white and flakes nicely with a fork. The stuff on the bottom will cook the same as the stuff on the top.

The Verdict.


Moist, delicious, flaky fish. With no fish smell! My 6-year-old ate two platefuls and decided that she was only going to eat fish from now on. Every day (just in case I didn't realize from now on meant every day...).
Follow RecipesDream