Loading

Fried Chicken with Eggs!

Its been a while since I posted any non vegetarian dish. Not sure why I am not coming around to it. Though I do make it atleast twice a week, I have given up the adventure of making different dish every time. Well it so happened that Konda took that Chicken book and was imaging herself to be a cook and was cooking from that book. In the process, she had misplaced it and I had the whole house down, hoping I will find it. But it simply seem to have gone into thin air!

Well I find myself with one less cookbook, which I will have to address sometime soon. So these days the chicken that gets cooked are either already known, or gets created out of fancy!. I have already said I don't' normally attempt deep fried chicken, but I did and it again came out not so spicy. So based on what Sig said, I thought I will do something on those lines. In the process I thought I could add some boiled eggs. I was happy that this came out really well. I had both the chicken cooking and eggs boiling, when Chinnu decided that he wanted to watch me cook. So carrying him, I went about cooking. Seeing the chicken, he wanted to taste. As it was spicy I didn't want to feed him, but he wouldn't let me until I gave him. I was surprised that he liked it and wanted more!

Konda and hubby dear taught both of them to sing, Mommy Daddy I love you. Peddu says, Amma Dada I eeaaa ou!..Chinnu says, Amma Nana, I L lu. Well its just so sweet the way both of them say, that its enough to get me going.

For marinade

Chicken breast - 250 gms
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 & 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
Rice flour - 1 tsp
Corn flour - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Lemon juice - 1 tsp

For Seasoning

Onions - 1 medium
Red chili powder - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - 2 to 3 sprigs
Green chillies - 5 nos
Cashew - 5 whole
Boiled Eggs - 3

Oil - 1/2 cup for frying

Method to prepare

Clean the chicken and cut them into medium size pieces. Drain them of water and using a knife make few slits on all sides. Squeeze them well to remove all water.

In a bowl, take all the ingredients listed under marinade and make it a paste using lime juice. Don't add water.

Rub the chicken pieces in this paste on all sides and marinate the chicken for an hour atleast in the refrigerator. (I marinated for nearly 2 hrs.)

Heat the oil in a pan and fry the chicken in medium-low heat till brown on all sides. Add little oil, just enough to fry 3 pieces at a time. This way you don't waste oil. Drain on kitchen towel.

Have the eggs boiling in another pan. Peel them and slice them halve.

Then in the same oil, fry curry leaves, cashew nuts and slit green chillies. You can remove seeds from the chilies to reduce heat. Once done, saute the onions, add chili powder, fry till the onions are brown.

Add the fried chicken into this and combine well.

For once hubby dear was really glad that the chicken was spicy. And with eggs, this was really delicious.

Sending this to Sudeshna, who is hosting an event on Non Veggie dishes.
Follow RecipesDream