Loading

Ganesha Chaturthi / Vinayaka Chavithi Pooja!

"Vinayaka Chaturthi Subhakanshalu to all my readers!"

Vinayaka Chaturthi pooja preparations starts quite early at home as every year. Only difference is this year, Athamma did everything herself, while I was baby sitting my darlings. Since its a tradition in their home to make Poli for all festival, I have adapted that and I make Poli for every festival. Today was no different. Athamma was up early morning and by the time I got to see whats happening, she had most things done. Peddu and Chinnu didn't let me out of their sights. We all were at home, so they were happy playing with me, while hubby dear and Athamma got on with the Pooja preparations.

We get the Ganesh Idol and celebrate for 5 days, so Konda and hubby dear wen to get the God. Once back home, he decorated with jewel and cloth and flowers. Of course, with all the fanfare of Lord Ganesh's favorite fruits and dishes.

The umbrella that's given along with the Idol is struck to the back with clay. I remember collecting it every year for almost so many years. I stopped doing it only after marriage. I wonder when Konda will want to save it up!

Neivethyam offered this year is almost the same as last year. Only difference I had made Sundal, Kudumulu, which got missed this year. Its a tradition to make Sundal, Nugul-untallu (Sesame Laddo0), Vada, Chitrammam, Vankaya Urallagedda Kura.

Plus this year Athamma had made Biyam Undrallu, Kudaalu.


Biyam Undrallu

Rice Flour - 100 gms
Jaggary - 100 gms

Makes 6 laddoos

Measurement is based on how many you want to make.

Method to prepare:

Soak rice for 2 hrs and shade dry till its dry but not too wet. You can grind it to fine powder in the mixer.

Grate jaggary and run the jaggary along with the Rice flour. You will get a soft and almost wet flour, which you can shape as laddoos.

This type of offering is quite famous in my in-laws place, while Amma makes Kudumulu always. I missed that this year.

The day just flew with the pooja and playing with the kiddos. They were elated seeing the God and the pooja. The kids are very fond of doing pooja, so they had a great time being allowed to do it.

Hope you all had a wonderful time making the yummy dishes to please Lord Ganesh and then of course, enjoying them!

Check out our last year Ganesh Chaturthi and special dishes for ganesh puja

Sundal
Kudumulu
Nugul untallu ~ Sesame Laddoo


Drop in to check out the Bachelor's Feast featuring simple quick Potato Masala in Spice your Life!
Follow RecipesDream