Loading

Semiya Manchurian ~ Elevating your Taste Buds!

I know most of you must know how a Gobi Manchurian is done! So I shall not go deep into digging that. But I certainly can talk to great lengths on this dish. Well when I first heard about it, I wasn't really taken in. But then this got Athamma's fancy and when she gets something into her mind, she has to make it. Now how much Athamma is in love with Gobi Manchurian, can fit many pages. I guess I simply can say she loves it to extremes. When she first started living with us, all I could hear from her for many months, was the Gobi Manchurian in the place they were living. Well that was a small town and to believe they served this dish, you can imagine the invasion and expansion in our food cultural!

So we tried feeding her with Gobi Manchurian every occasion we got. She was favouring all of them. Though she would go back saying what was served that place was just too good. So having always had a penchant for this dish, when we came across this one, she was bent on making it. So this weekend, this is what we did. Actually I was busy with work, while she was busying with ingredients for this. Finally she took out everything and trust it in front, I was left with no option but to go along with her. But was I glad that she did! We thought we shall try both ways but I prefered the fried ones by itself as they were very crispy and too yummy!

You can serve this as starters on its own. It can also double as an evening snack if you do the seasoning way. Now don't' ask me why its called Manchurian, cos I don't know myself. I don't' really think I care about the name, when it was all so delicious!

Ingredients Needed:

For the Fried dumplings

Semiya / Vermicelli - 100 gms
Potato - 2 medium
Paneer - 75 gms
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Maida/ All purpose flour - 2 tbsp
Corn Flour - 1 tsp
Besan / Gram Flour - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Onion - 1 medium
Coriander leaves - for garnish.
Oil for deep fry

For outer coating

Maida - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste

For the Seasoning

Onion - 1 medium
Tomato - 1 medium
Coriander leaves for garnish
Green Chilli - 1 long
Oil - 1 tsp

Method to prepare

Cook Vermicelli in enough water and drain to remove water.

Take chopped onions, grated paneer, chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, and all the flours. Mix well. Then add the drain vermicelli and add to the above mix. Combine everything well.

Make a thin batter of maida in water.

Meanwhile heat a Kadai with oil just enough to fry three dumplings. Once the oil is hot, dip the dumplings into the maida batter and gently slide them into the hot oil.

Simmer to cook on all sides. Once they turn golden, remove on to a kitchen towel.

You can serve these as such or else you can do a seasoning with onions and tomatoes.

Heat another pan. Saute onions till they are light brown. Then add chopped tomatoes, salt. green chillies, Fry for 2 mins.

Then add the fried dumplings and mix well. Simmer for 1 min and garnish with coriander leaves.

Semiya Manchurian is ready as they say in the tele!

I wouldn't really recommend the seasoning part, as the dumplings got soggy. The friend ones, just out of the hot kadai were really too good. The verdict was confirmed when Konda eat this and asked for more!
Follow RecipesDream