Loading

Breakfast in America: Muffins... Cupcakes or simply Madalenas

♫ Take a look at my girlfriend, she is the only one I got... ♫ Take a look at my Muffins, they're the first ones I baked ♫

Supertramp is there on the left side column to take you to America! Taking the jumbo cross the watter... You get to Muffins' land. Turn player on!

Our daily kind of breakfast is: Café con leche - Coffee with milk (my morning drink), Digestive Tea (my husband's drink) and Milk with Nesquick (my daughter's drink) and then I have 3 cereal cookies, my husband only takes one and my daughter has a bowl of chocolate cereals.
Do you understand now why we Spaniards need a good lunch to keep with the rest of the day's schedule?

But, all of a sudden, I'm seeing all these wonderful cookies and muffins and cupcakes in the blogosphere and this tremendous desire grows in my brain and tummy... A crave for Muffins! I've seen Susan's, PG's, Emiline's, Deeba's, Val's, Ivy's ... you are all contributing to where-has-my-waist-gone?

There I go to the search of the Madalenas recipe and this is what I found:
A recipe in a Spanish magazine caught my eye. But then once I started to follow it I saw that there were some things in the recipe that were wrong... so I had to improvise... And the result was SUPER!!!!

Ingredients for 12 muffins: 180 grs of flour, 25 grs of ground cocoa, 150 grs of sugar, 1 baking power, a pinch of salt, 2 eggs, 1 banana, 1 big golden apple, 1/2 a stick of cinnamon, 1 table spoon of butter, 125 grs of yogurt, 8 table spoons of sunflower oil, 100 grs of chocolate chips.

  • Peel the apple, take away its heart and cut in dices. Put the butter in a sauce pan and when it dissolves add the apple, 20 grs of sugar and the cinnamon. Cook for 8 minutes at low heat until it softens. Take away the cinnamon and use a food processor to get a fine texture. Reserve.

  • Take a big bowl and have the cocoa, flour, rest of sugar, baking power and salt. Mix it all.

  • In a second bowl, whisk the eggs until they rise a bit, add the apple sauce (only when it's not hot), the yogurt, and the oil. Mix it all carefully. Peel the banana, smash with a fork in a plate and add to the mixture. Mix it nicely.

  • Put together the two bowls mixtures and stir until you get an homogeneous paste. Add the chocolate chips and pour the paste into the muffin molders.

  • Preheat oven at 180ºC. When you have achieved the desired heat, place the muffins in the middle rack and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. My pudding shape one needed 10 more minutes.
They only lasted for 2 days!!!

Do you prefer a frugal breakfast and a fulfilling lunch? Then maybe you should try this Noodle Paella with Duck :D
Follow RecipesDream