Loading

CrockPot Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Recipe


Day 301.

Hey! You can roast pumpkin seeds in the crockpot!

but that doesn't mean that you should.

They take a really long time and are kind of a pain, and the end result is the same as it always has been for me when I make them in the oven: mixed. Some are good, some are burnt, and some are squishy.

But, if you have 6 hours on your hands, and want to fool around with this, by all means---go for it.

The Ingredients.

--fresh pumpkin seeds
--1 1/2 T olive oil
--1 tsp salt (I really like Kosher salt, but table salt is fine. Sea Salt might be fun, too.)

The Directions.

I cut and gutted two pumpkins yesterday and they yielded about 2 1/2 cups of seeds.

I tried Elise's method of boiling the seeds first, and then simmering for 10 minutes. The idea is that the inner seed separates a bit from the outer shell resulting in a nice pop when you crunch them. I have issues with using the stove correctly (hence this crockpot thing) and probably over-cooked the seeds. They turned color.

After draining, I tossed the seeds into the crockpot ----I used a 6 quart----and added the olive oil and salt. I stirred well and turned it to high.

For six hours, stirring every hour or so.

And they probably could have gone on for longer, but I got annoyed.

The Verdict.

The kids like these. They munched on them all evening, and have requested a baggie packed in their lunches.

I like about every third seed.
Adam is being polite.
Follow RecipesDream