Loading

Lunch Box Series : LBS#41

The clock struck 6.30 pm and I hurried away home, as I had to reach on time. I rushed away heedless of the rain drizzling or the hurried vehicles zooming by. I hastily looked at the showroom that had dazzling sarees on display. It was a pass time once, to look at the sarees on display and wonder who would really want to tie such sarees. Whenever I see that showroom, I get reminded of reading about Madame Curie. In one of the dinner parties she attended, she saw ladies all decked up with diamonds and jewelries. Her husband thought she was also taken in by those ornaments. But she replied that with that amount of money, she could set up so many labs! Well I don't' really want to set up a lab right now, just a comparison!

Well lunch for today was a different affair. For a change we made a simple channa curry or channa kurma. It was delicious to have with chapatis, hubby dear enjoyed it, from the regular rice spread! This is the south indian way of making channa. Its called Senagala kurma in telugu.

Today's Lunch Box had

Channa Kurma
Chappati
Rasam Rice
Curd Rice

Ingredients Needed

Channa - 1 cup
Onion - 1 medium
Tomato - 2 medium
Ginger - 1"
Coconut paste - 1 tbsp
Chili powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Fennel powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder a pinch
Oil - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves for garnish

Method to prepare:

Soak Channa overnight. Pressure cook in water till tender.

Heat a pan with oil, saute grated ginger. Then add finely chopped onions. Once they turn brown, add chopped tomatoes. Simmer for 10 mins for the tomatoes to soften.

Then add all the spice powders, cooked channa, salt and combine well. Simmer for 5 mins, till the oil comes out. Then add the coconut paste and saute.

Add required water, bring to boil. When it thickens to desired thickness, add chopped coriander leaves.

Goes well with chappatis, but with rice too!

I hope Sra wouldn't mind another Chickpea from me..So sending this to her, who is hosting the Fourth Helping of Susan's My Legume Love Affair.

I had send in Channa 65 too!
Follow RecipesDream