Loading

Pepper Chicken Masala!

It was one of those typical mornings at home. Getting Konda ready by 8.10 am, to board her school van becomes a tough job. She is slow in eating her breakfast and then drink milk. At times she skips the milk part. And if the twins are around, it becomes even more of a dance. These days, the boys are up by 6.30 am. I planned for a dosa with podi for her lunch and Bread Pizza for breakfast.

She wanted a Sandwich Jam instead. I told her she can get it later. While I was struggling to grate the cheese and put it in mw, both Konda and Peddu got settled on the table near by, waiting and looking expectantly at the timer. They even kept looking at each other, with secret smiles. When I removed the piping bread out of the oven, Peddu wanted his share. He won't accept plain bread, but he finally accepted it when I put the bread into the mw.

On seeing the Tomato sauce, he started dancing. So quickly a slice was spread with sauce and he went and sat with his sister to eat. Konda wanted French Fries for snacks, so had the fries cooking in sim, while I was spreading the podi mix on the dosa. While all this was happening, Chinnu was running around, singing thala thaala...and on seeing the dosa, wanted a dosa for himself. I told him, he got to wait.

In all this hungama, the van came and hubby dear sent him off as Konda was still eating her bread! Finally I went to drop her at school. Its been a while since I dropped her, so seeing the excitement of little kids, running to reach in by time, was very nostalgic. Konda won't go until I left, so after weaving her bye, I came back to my bike. The atmosphere and feeling just before the bell rings, I can still feel as it was just yesterday! The thrill and excitement of another new day at school, eagerly waiting for each class to get done, chatting with friends and then playing during lunch break. Why, I felt as if I was coming back from my own. I wish fervently that Konda enjoys every single day of school to the maximum. Life is so full of chores, I feel those innocent carefree days spent at school, are what that takes us every single day happily, rest of our lives!

Spice your Life with a healthy Moong Dal Pulao!

Coming to today's foodie post, I wanted to share another version of this Chicken Pepper Masala, which is quite famous our parts of the world!

Ingredients Needed:

Chicken - 500 gms
Onions - 3 medium
Tomatoes - 2 medium
Green Chili - 1
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Chili - 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder a pinch
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tsp
Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp chopped
Mint leaves - 5
Bay leaf

Dry Masala powder:

Whole peppercorns - 2 tbsp
Coriander Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cloves - 2
Cinnamon - 2"
Cardamom - 2
Fennel Seeds - 1/2 tsp

Dry roast and grind to a smooth powder

Method to prepare:

For the marinate:

Wash and cut chicken into medium size pieces. Mix it with half of the ginger garlic paste, chili powder, turmeric, coriander pw, salt and marinate for 30 mins.

For the Gravy:

Heat a pan with oil. Fry bay leaf. Then sauté onions till pink, add the rest of the ginger garlic paste, green chilli and sauté till the onions are brown. Add the mint leaves and half of the coriander leaves. Saute for few minutes, then add chopped tomatoes, salt, turmeric and simmer for 5 mins.

Then add the marinated chicken pieces. Cook on high for 5 mins, while you are stirring.

Add the ground masala to the chicken and add 1 cup of water and simmer till chicken is tender. Finally garnish with the remaining coriander leaves.

Note: This tends to be very spicy with 2 tbsp of peppercorns, so adjust according to your taste. The main flavour in this is the freshly ground pepper.
Follow RecipesDream