Loading

Rosquillas: A grandmother's sweet old recipe.

Today I have no time for babbling... I'm going to the beach for the weekend and next week I'm off to Budapest, Hungary. Have you ever been in this city? Do you live there? Any advise? Any good restaurants recommendations? I love walking cities... I think it's a wonderful way to know them... any recommended walks?

As promised, here is the sweet treat: Rosquillas... don't know why but I thought that Salmon would win and had the post ready... Oooppsss, I'm rushing to end this one because it got more votes. So, here you have the recipe :D and Salmon will be on your screens soon!!!

Ingredients for 4 servings: 1 egg, 450 grs of flour (I added a bit more), 200 ml of milk, 100 ml of olive oil 0,4º, lemon peel finely grated (half), a pinch of ground Cinnamon, 1 tea spoon of baking power, a spurt of dry anise (liquid), ground sugar, olive oil and more ground Cinnamon.

1.- In a wide and deep recipient, mix the egg, the milk, oil, lemon peel, Cinnamon pinch and spurt of anise.
2.- Mix the flour with the baking power in a different bowl.
3.- With your hands, add and mix the mixture of the bowl into the wide and deep recipient until you get a dense dough. The consistency will depend on the anise spurt and size of the egg. Add more flour if you feel it's necessary. The dough will be very sticky at first, but as soon as you get the above texture, is done. Knead a bit.
4.- Give a Churro shape and cut in small dices. Make churro shape again and join the 2 ends to get a round shape.
5.- In a small pot, pour olive oil to fry (0'4º), when hot but not burning, add the rosquillas one by one until they get a beautiful golden colour.
6.- Place in a strainer so that the excess of oil leaves the rosquilla. Then place on kitchen paper.

7.- Mix the ground sugar and some ground Cinnamon in a plate and coat the rosquillas there.
8.- Wait until cold to eat. Mmmmmmm, que ricas!!!!!

Have a great weekend and see you sometime during the next week. Don't know if I will be able to post on Monday or if I will have scheduled posts; don't know if I will be able to follow your blogs, but for sure I'll come back with new material from Budapest and more Spanish Recipes for you all ☺.
Follow RecipesDream