Loading

Spinach Soup ~ Palak Soup!

What's your favorite colour? Mine is green! Its always been green. Maybe because my Dad loves Green too. Well I have always felt proud that I love the same colour as Dad. Till certain age, almost all things that I used, were in green right from the soap to most things, it was always green. Only after marriage and kids, I have started accepting that life is full of all colours, started appreciating the different shades of grey! Konda, on other hand, has had her share of likes in colour. When she was 2 years, she loved Yellow. So we had to get everything in Yellow. Even the car was of Yellow shade. Next year it was Pink, we were only glad she didn't have that liking a year ago. She even asked us why we didn't get a pink car, imagine that! Now she vex between liking blue or green, suddenly its all back to pink. What's with girls that they love only pink! All her things are either pink or shades of pink! Well I guess its a long way to go before she can decide on some colour, or maybe she will always have a different choice of colours. It will be fun, right. I know I sound so boring when I say I have always only liked green!

So this Spinach Soup had a hearty welcome. Imagine looking at a thick soup looking so beautiful in that green shade! Not to mention the taste which wasn't expected from a palak. The spices that went in, only elevated the taste of palak and you are left with a feeling of green lingering on your tongue. Atleast it did for me! I made Masala papad in Microwave and it added spice to an already spicy soup.

So this week, I shall try to post Soup / Starters/ Dry curries, which will have few non-veg recipes too!

Ingredients Needed:

Spinach/ Palak - 1 cup tightly packed
Onion - 1 medium
Garlic - 3 pods small
Clove - 1
Cinnamon - 1 "
Mint Leaves - 5
Salt to Taste
Pepper to Taste
Milk - 2 tbsp (opt)
Oil - 1 tsp
Butter/ Ghee - 1 tsp (opt)
All purpose flour - 1 tsp (opt)

Method to prepare:

Heat a pressure cooker with oil. Sauté chopped onions, Garlic, cloves, cinnamon and mint leaves. Then add chopped palak leaves and fry well. If you are going to add the maida, add now and fry well till it starts smelling well.

Stir for 2 mins, then add 1 cup of water and pressure cook it for 1 - 2 whistles. Once the pressure is off, remove the clove and cinnamon.

Grind the rest to a smooth paste. Cook on open pan again for 5 mins. Add salt and pepper, water if required. Simmer and slowly add milk. Bring to boil.

My lovely lovely green in making is ready to tempt you for a lullaby!

Check out my busy co runners, busy with their recipes for today!

DK , Siri , Anu, Ranji, PJ, Curry Leaf, Medha, Priya, Bhawna, Raaji, Ruchii, Kamala, Roopa, Divya Kudua, Rekha , Divya M, Lak, Raaga, Lakshmi Venkatesh, Sripriya, Viji, Kamalika and Pavani
Follow RecipesDream