Loading

Wild Salmon on a Caramelized Apples Bed.

Most of the times, I enjoy cooking a lot. I'm really lucky because I have to cook every single day of the year! Well, maybe not every single day... sometimes, we go to restaurants... but, most of the times, these hands do all the work! Hey, I'm not complaining at all, I like it :D, but there's some days, just a few, that my kitchen gives me some kind of allergy and I just want to avoid anything cooking related.
If I find a recipe like this one, then my love for cooking comes right back immediately!!! And the kitchen allergy dissappears. This dish is done in no time and it's so satisfactory.

These days I also feel bad because everytime I look to my reader... there's more and more posts to visit and I cannot cope with it!!!! See? I'm shoping and buying all the family Christmas presents, I'm also testing some new recipes to try during the holidays, I'm organizing the menus, the fridge, the freezer... I am geting overloaded, I just have to stop, otherwise I get sooooo stressed!

So, I'm sorry, there's many blogs I have to visit, many posts to comment... but I cannot be everywhere :(. I'll just do my best and hope you don't get angry with me.

Ingredients for 4 servings: 4 thick fresh salmon slices, 2 golden apples, 2 table spoons of butter, 1 lemon, 1 table spoon of honey, some red pepper balls, olive oil, parsley, salt and pepper.
  • Clean and wash the salmon thick slices. Reserve.
  • Peel the apples and take their hearts away. Cut them horizontaly (about 2 cm) and pour some lemon juice over them to avoid oxydation.
  • Heat a sauce pan and add the butter. Golden the apple slices during 2 minutes each side. Reserve.
  • In the same sauce pan, add the honey, stir add salt and black ground pepper. Stir and add on top of the apples.
  • In another sauce pan, fry the salmon slices in some olive oil (just 4 table spoons). Have for 2 minutes each side, making sure the inner part remains juicy and tender. Sprinkle some salt and pepper.
  • Present the dish with the apples, the salmon on top and some red pepper balls and parsley to decorate. Eat hot.

Buen provecho! Cheers!

Follow RecipesDream