Loading

CrockPot Barbecued Pulled Pork Recipe


Well hello there!

I pulled myself away from the laptop this weekend to make some pork. That I couldn't eat. But I made it anyway.

I'm nice like that.

This is a reader recipe from an anonymous commenter left on the original pork post----it sounded good, and was easy to throw together. I cooked it overnight, and then packaged up the food for family and friends.

The Ingredients.

4 pounds boneless pork shoulder
1 onion, sliced in rings
2 cups ketchup (a 24oz bottle seems to be exactly 2 cups. weird.)
1/2 cup warm water
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon gluten free Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

The Directions.

Use a 6 quart crockpot. Trim meat, and place into your crockpot. Add sliced onion. Squeeze in 2 cups of ketchup, and then pour 1/2 cup warm water into the ketchup bottle and shake. Pour the ketchup-y water into your crock. Add vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire, Tabasco and salt.
Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until meat shreds easily with a fork.
Serve over rice, or make sandwiches on rolls or sliced bread.

The Verdict.

This smells so good while it's cooking. I had a hard time sleeping the house smelled so good. Adam had a bunch this morning, and really liked the flavor a lot. He said it was sweet and had a slight kick, but not really. He's going to have more for dinner. I tasted a fingerful of sauce---it's like a zesty barbecue.

I wish I wasn't allergic! ugh.
And, dude! Pork is so much less expensive than other meats; I had no idea.
Follow RecipesDream