Loading

Veganomicon Menu Roundup

As many of you now know, I am incapable of saying no when it comes to menu plans. It's a disease and I can't help myself. I thought today I might post a bunch of pictures of Vcon menus I have made over the past year. For those of you who have the book, flick to page 267 to play along! Most of these were made for weekday dinners, so I haven't made the suggested soups, salads or desserts in conjunction with these meals. I have made most of them at other times though, so that is just more retrospective post fun to be had... tee hee!

So, on with the food.




Mediterranean Comfort Menu - Tomato and Roasted Eggplant Stew with Chickpeas and Soft Poppy-Seed Polenta. Not pictured here is the Roasted Cauliflower.




Chinese Eat-In Menu - Baby Bok Choy with Crispy Shallots and Baked Marinated Asian Tofu. I subbed in some wasabi mashed potato in place of the suggested brown rice.




Lazy Indian Gourmet Menu - Samosa Stuffed Potatoes, Sauteed Spinach and Tomatoes, Five Minute Mango Chutney and Jasmine Rice.




Greek To Me And You Menu - Mediterranean-Style Baked Lima Beans and Lemony Roasted Potatoes. Instead of the suggested Easy Stir-Fried Leafy Greens with dandelion and kale, I used the Garlicky Kale with Tahini recipe from Vegan With A Vengeance.




My Own Private India Menu - Tamarind Lentils, Baked Curried Tofu, Cornmeal Masala Brussels Sprouts and Basmati Rice.




Fancy-Shmancy Menu - Chickpea Cutlets, Mustard Sauce and Roasted Asparagus. I also served it with some chive infused mashed potatoes.




The Vegan Ghost of Julia Child Menu - Sauteed Seitan with Mushrooms and Spinach and Herb-Scalloped Potatoes.




Smash Your TV Dinner Menu - Mac Daddy, Rasted Zucchini and Roasted Butternut Squash with Coriander Seeds.




Down-Home Gourmet Menu - Cheater Baked Beans, Smokey Grilled Tempeh and Sauteed Collards.




Rustic Goddess Menu - Tomato Couscous With Capers and Rustic White Beans with Mushrooms. Also served with roasted asparagus, because you know how I love to have green things on my plate!

I have also made the Roman Goddess Menu, which is Chickpeas Romanesco with Saffron-Garlic Rice and Roasted Green Beans, but I cannot find a picture of that anywhere. Sadness! And, or course, the Picnic Menu I made last week.

Sorry for the lack of deep and meaningful comments about all the different food. This post is designed for quick visual gratification, plain and simple. ;)
Follow RecipesDream