Loading

CrockPot Cajun Pulled Pork Recipe


I am making my way through the pork recipes, slowly but surely.

My buddy Georgia fed this pork to her 4 kids, and they liked it. They ate the meat on toasted kaiser rolls with cheddar cheese. Wow. That sounds really good.

I made this up. I'd spent the day watching Food Network, and Emeril's "bamming" got to me and I felt like doing some bamming of my own.

The Ingredients.

4 pounds boneless pork shoulder or butt (surely there has to be a nicer name for this)
1 tablespoon brown sugar (didn't make it into the picture)
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon red pepper
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
1-2 tablespoons hickory liquid smoke
2 cups water


The Directions.

Use a 5-6 quart slow cooker. Put the meat into a large plastic zipper bag with brown sugar and all spices. Seal well and shake to coat. Then pour contents of bag into stoneware. If the meat is too big for the bag, then just put it into the crock and rub the seasoning all over it.

Top with chopped onion, butter, and liquid smoke. Pour in water.

Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until meat shreds easily with forks. Serve on toasted buns, on rice, or in large romaine lettuce leaves.

The Verdict.

I gave this meat to two families, and they both reported back that it was good. It's a bit spicy for kids, but eating it in a sandwich with mayo and mustard seems to work to down-play the spice.
Georgia said the meat would make excellent burrito filling. I think she's absolutely right.
Follow RecipesDream