Loading

CrockPot Cranberry Pork Roast


I was lucky enough to receive a few different cranberry pork recipes and decided to make Mamame's the other night. She wrote it in the comments on the original pork post. I did change a few things around because I used fresh cranberries instead of canned, but otherwise tried my hardest to not stray too far.

I packed this up for some friends, and heard back today that they liked it. The kids found the cranberries to be a bit tart, so I added some additional sugar to the recipe ingredients.

The Ingredients.
serves 4-6

1 (2.5-3 lb) pork loin roast or rib roast
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon dried mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 (16-ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
or: 1 cup fresh cranberries, 1/2 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup brown (I did add 1/4 cup
brown sugar half-way through cooking after tasting the sauce, but 1/2 cup would be
better. I learned from making my own cranberry sauce that you really do need a lot
of sugar to balance out the cranberries.
1/3 cup golden raisins (I only had regular)
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/3 cup cranberry juice
1/2 small lemon, thinly sliced (I put in a whole one, but Mamame is right, 1/2 is better. A whole one is too bitter.)

The Directions.
Use a 4 quart crockpot. In a plastic zipper bag, put dry spices and cornstarch and add meat. Shake to coat. Put contents into your slow cooker. Add cranberry sauce, or your fresh cranberries and sugar. Put in raisins and garlic. Pour in cranberry juice, and top with lemon slices. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or high for about 4. The longer you cook the meat, the more tender it will be.

Serve with rice or pasta.

The Verdict.

Mamame writes, "this is hands down our family's favorite crockpot recipe." My friend who tried it liked it a lot, and her husband said the meat was perfectly cooked and juicy. Her 9-year-old, Austin, reported "I didn't really like the cranberries so much, but I thought they really brought out the flavor of the pork."

oh my. He's adorable.
Follow RecipesDream