Loading

Is Little Red Ridding Hood lost in the WOODS? Click it!

Fairy tales are such a wonderful inspiration source. The Little Red Ridding Hood was one of my favorites back to my childhood and the moral of the story is still so true. I'm tired to see on the TV all these girls in her early 15s or 16s found dead by the river side or in the woods... I can't help it... I see my daughter full of innocence and I shiver! Will we ever be save of that?
So, be careful little girls and young women, there's wolves hiding behind the WOODS!!! I'm really serious about it!
This post is my entry to Click, one of my favourite events hosted by Jugalbandi. The theme this month is WOOD and this is what I came out with: Stuffed Red Tomatoes. A different way to eat a salad :D.

There's nearly no cooking involved, you just have to boil the eggs and that's it... done in no time!
Ingredients for 4 servings: 4 red tomatoes, 1 can of tuna fish (in olive oil), 1 medium green onion, 2 eggs, extra virgin olive oil, 4 fresh basil leaves, salt and black ground pepper. Feel free to add some olives too.
Cut the tomatoe's head, empty it and reserve its meat in a bowl. Boil the eggs and when done and cold cut in small dices and put in the bowl. Throw the tuna can in, the green onion chopped in small dices, the minced basil leaves, some extra virgin olive oil, salt and black ground pepper. Stir and get the flavours mixed together and fill the tomatoes with the mixture.
Have it cold with some lettuce or with some mayonnaise or allioli.


Spring is in the corner... get your salads updated!

Want to know what a Mediterranean salad is about?
Want to surprise everyone with a new ingredient in your salad? Try this one with Duck's ham!
Want to know what a Spanish Russian Salad is about? Sounds funny, doesn't it?
Follow RecipesDream