Loading

No-Baked Cookies (Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Drop Cookies)

This recipe has been updated!!! 

Everytime I eat or see one of these cookies I automatically think of my childhood. My mom use to make these things like all the time. I can still remember her working real fast while making these. She'd say "The quicker you get'em on the wax paper the better!" This woman was serious about her no-bake cookies, we couldn't talk to her during the boiling time because she had to make sure it boiled for exactly 70 seconds and so she'd count. She swore that it was crucial to not overcook or undercook it or the cookies wouldn't taste right She also didn't make these on a rainy or cloudy day because she'd say they wouldn't set. I remember thinking "wow is it really that serious!?" I never strayed from the recipe to find out, but I've tasted other people's no-bake cookies and none seem to taste quite like mama's. Maybe I'm bias, but it's a good recipe nonetheless :O)


No-Bake Cookies






Ingredients
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 2 cups of sugar
  • 1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 c. milk
  • 1-1/2 t. vanilla extract
  • 1/2 c. peanut butter
  • 3 cups of Instant 1-minute Quaker Oats


Step 1.) Melt 1 stick of butter in large pot over medium heat



Step 2.) Add 2 cups of sugar



Step 3.) Stir until well combined




Step 4.) Add in 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder




Step 5.) Stir in 1/2 c. milk and stir until combined



Step 6.) Turn up the heat and bring to a hard boil and as soon as it gets to a hard boil count 70 seconds. And remove from heat.


Step 7.) Add in 1 1/2 t. vanilla extract, 1/2.c peanut butter & 3 cups of Instant Quaker Oatmeal




Step 8.) Stir until well combined



Step 9.) Drop by the spoonful on wax or foil paper.



Step 10.) Let cool completely until cookies are set. Meanwhile, eat the leftover cookie batter from the sides of the pot. I can never resist.


Enjoy with a tall glass of milk!
Follow RecipesDream