Loading

Quick Mango Relish in Microwave ~ For Mango Mela & MEC Essential Extras!

I have this wonderful table calendar on my office desk which showcases yummy dishes. My colleagues thought I would love to have this on my desk. Well they weren't wrong. But each time I look at them, I feel excited and wonder when it will be my turn to have my pictures clicked liked that. The calendar started with south Indian Tiffin dishes to elaborate thali. Each one is really mouth watering ones. And each month I look forward to the next one and think it will be quite a while to see it, but lol, its already here. May was Meddu Vada and it looks like that dreamy one!

Coming to today's post, as usual, I was procrastinating till the end to think up of a quick dish for my Microwave Easy Cooking event, hosted by Rachel this month. She choose Essential extras. When I think of them, yeah I know its quite tough to complete a meal without these. They not only perk up a meal, one can't be without these lovely extras.


Photobucket


Though no concrete idea came up as an entry, I was planning on Saturday to be day I would make it. But work these couple of weeks, has been too hectic and we were working the Sundays too. I had to complete the quick breakfast, something for the lunch and left for the office. So breakfast was the only option left open and when I glanced around my kitchen, my eyes fell on the lovely green mangoes lying around. I immediately thought a quick relish with it would make a great combo for the Jower appey that were getting ready on the pan!
Having my target in mind, getting to the final dish took about 5 minutes overall! It was that quick. The recipe is so simple that it doesn't require much in terms of writing down a recipe. And the taste was too good. This not only was a great combo for the appey, am sure it will make a great side for the dal rice combo.

When I think more and more of cooking in microwave, I am amazed at how quickly we can make so many different dishes. Of course I make very less quantity which might last for couple of servings. Even then its a life saver alright.

Photobucket


Serves - 4 spoons

Ingredients Needed:

Raw Mango - 2 medium slices.
Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder a pinch
Roasted Cumin powder - 3/4 tsp
Oil - 1 tsp
Water - 2 tsp

Method to prepare:

Wash and grate the mango slices. Take a microwave bowl, add 1/2 tsp of oil, add the grated mango, chili powder, salt, cumin powder and turmeric. Micro it for 1 minute.

Stir with a spoon, add the remaining oil. Mix well and micro it again for 2 minutes. Add 2 tsp of water and micro for 1 minute.

You delicious Mango Relish is readdy!

Photobucket


I served it with Appeys made with Jower flour, a breakfast dish for Diabetics and the other accompanying side dish was also a quick Tomato Relish. Both these are going to be featured in the Spice your Life blog. Be sure to check it out!

Sending the Quick Mango Relish to Rachel, who is hosting the MEC Essential Extras!

And yes to my Mango Mela too!

Follow RecipesDream