Loading

Vichyssoise with Iberian Acorn Ham - One of my moms' favourites

My mom is the sweetest mom on earth! Hey, what can I say? She is my mom!!! She is always there when you need her and when you don't she is also there. She is the most generous person on earth, she loves making presents... she has gold hands: she can cook the best dishes, she can build neck glasses and earrings, she kneads babies' sweaters, she paints... Don't get too excited boys, she has married the most wonderful man in the world... what can I say? He is my dad!
My mother is a source of inspiration for me and she is also the best guest because she always tells me how great the dish was, which is one of the best compliments a cook can get :D.
So, here you have this Vichyssoise with Iberian Acorn Ham, a dish she taught me long ago. A perfect marriage between French cuisine and Spanish products.
I'm sending my Vichyssoise over to Ivys and her new event: ♥ Celebrating Mother's Day ♥, come join and send your recipes; you still have time until the 10th of May.

Ingredients for 4 servings: 5 medium leeks, 1 season onion, 4 medium potatoes, 1 liter of vegetables or chicken stock, 3dl of cream, 100 grs of butter and salt. 50 grs of Ham.
  • Discard the leeks green leaves and cut a cross with the knife on top so that all leaves get separated, this way you can clean it in depth. Cut in small pieces and reserve.
  • Peel the onion and cut in small pieces. Reserve.
  • Prepare a sauce pan in low heat and place the butter inside. Once it stars melting, add the onion and leeks and cover with a lid (a lid with a little hole would be perfect).
  • When the leeks and onion loose their white colour, throw the peeled and cut potatoes in. Pour half the chicken or veggies stock, add a bit of salt and let it boil until potatoes become tender.
  • Use a food processor to get a fine texture and strain in a fine colander. Add more stock to get the texture you like best.
  • Once cold, place in the fridge.
  • Only when you are ready to serve it, add the cream and mix well. Taste and add more salt if you consider it necessary.
  • Preheat the oven at 220 ÂșC and when ready place the ham between two layers of oven's paper. Heat for 5 minutes and the ham will be ready. You can also avoid the oven's step and cut in small strips and place on top the vichyssoise (I prefer the second option).
This is such a delicious soup/puree/cream ... whatever :D. Now that warm days are here, have it cold and for those of you in the southern hemisphere have it warm. It will make you feel good for sure!

Follow RecipesDream