Loading

Yes, Delicious Turkey Meatloaf

Forget what you thought about turkey meatloaf. The hint of BBQ sauce, sauteed garlic and onions takes this turkey meatloaf to a whole new level! A few years ago if you would have told me that turkey meatloaf could be delicious there was absolutely no way I would believe you. I'd tried several recipes for turkey meatloaf and they were all bland, too dry or too mushy, and just weird tasting. Well I was doing my internship at a doctors office in 2005 and my coworkers were talking about the most delicious turkey meatloaf they'd ever tasted. It was brought in by an old lady who provides all kinda lunches and baked goods for the office because she liked the doctor so much. Now any kind of talk about an outstanding recipe always gets my antennas going. After about a month I was finally able to track down the lady and ask about this recipe. She said she'd got the recipe from an old Taste of Home magazine. She was tight-lipped about any details though. I immediately went online and started my digging. I eventually found 10 turkey meatloaf recipes from Taste of Home. So what was a girl to do?....Yep I made all ten of those bad boys! Nothing gets in the way of my good recipe addiction. Out of all 10 I knew when I had found the jewel! This turkey meatloaf is moist and bursting with flavor. Pair this up with some whipped potatoes and some green bean..manifico!!


Yes, Delicious Turkey Meatloaf


Ingredients

2 Tablespoons of butter
1/2 onion (chopped, about 1 cup)
1-1/2 t. minced garlic (fresh tastes the best in this recipe)
1 lb of ground turkey
1/2 cup of dried bread crumbs
1 egg
1/4 cup of BBQ sauce plus more to spread on top if desired
1/4 cup of Ketchup plus more to spread on top if desired
2 t. Worcestershire
3/4 t. salt
1/2 t. Black pepper

First preheat oven to 350

Step 1.) Chop up half an onion


Step 2.) Melt 2 T. of butter in a saucepan


Step 3.) Add 1-1/2 t. minced garlic and onions to the saucepan and cook for 5-7 minutes until onions are tender.


Step 4.) Pour the mixture into a large bowl and let cool for about 10 minutes.


Step5.) To the bowl add:

1 lb of ground turkey

1/2 c. of bread crumbs
1egg

1/4 c. ketchup
(I'm using more in this photo because I'm making this for a ketchup loving freak)

1/4 c. BBQ sauce

2 t. Worcestershire sauce

3/4 t. salt

1/2t. black pepper


Step 5.) Mix all of this up until well combined. I like to use my hands so that it really gets combined good.


Step 6.) Press into a 8x4 inch loaf pan. You can spread on more ketchup/ BBQ sauce if desired. I always put on a thin layer of ketchup and then put on the BBQ sauce when it comes out.


Step 7.) Bake for 50-55 minutes. When done let sit for 15 to 20 minutes. You can drain off the juices if needed but don't cut into it until it has cooled down. The meat needs time to relax and firm up.


ENJOY!!!!
Follow RecipesDream