Loading

Olive Garden Fettucine Alfredo

Good Morning. I have a funny little story for you. Okay, it's really not "laugh-out-loud" funny -- sorry -- but kinda "interesting" funny.

Last Thursday I went over to my Parent's house for dinner and she served a side of Fettucine Alfredo. It was interesting. Not what I normally think of as Fettucine Alfredo -- but good. It was thicker and a bit "sharper" tasting than I am used to.

After I had tried it, Mom got a big kick out of telling me it was Olive Garden's Fettucine Alfredo recipe and that I had given it to her. (I printed out all of the recipes that I had on my computer a few months ago, put them in a notebook and gave them to her. I really wouldn't recommend this. It took a 3 inch binder, stuffed to the gills to hold them all. But luckily I worked at Kinko's at the time and got a nice discount.)

Back to the Fettucine Alfredo. Although I already have several Olive Garden Recipes on the Copycat Restaurant Recipes Blog, I hadn't put this recipe up yet -- or even tried it, for that matter -- because, to be honest, I didn't think it would be any good. It includes "cream cheese" and I just couldn't wrap my mind around that. I love cream cheese but I just couldn't imagine it in Fettucine Alfredo.

Well, I ate 2 helpings of the Fettucine Alfredo and I ate my words (or thoughts, since I had never really wrote anything about it. ;) It isn't bad. It's not my favorite Fettucine Alfredo -- but I can see how many people would be fond of it.

So -- here is the recipe for you.

Olive Garden Fettucine Alfredo

Ingredients

8 ounces Cream cheese −− cut in bits
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese −− grated
1/2 cup Butter or margarine
1/2 cup Milk
8 ounces Fettuccine; cook −− drain

Directions

1. In large saucepan combine cream cheese, Parmesan, butter and milk, stirring constantly until smooth.
2. Toss pasta lightly with sauce, coating well.

Leftovers freeze well. -- At least that's what the recipe says. We didn't have any. ;)
Follow RecipesDream