Loading

Bruschetta Pizza

It's not very often I try a new recipe and like it so much that I actually make it three times before I finish typing up my post. I tried this Taste of Home recipe with fresh tomatoes and basil out for our Friday pizza night tradition three weeks ago and have made it every Friday night since then and we love it just as much the third time as the first. I imagine that with how much Glen and I enjoy it that I'll probably be making it the next several Fridays as well!

I love the savory combination of the fresh tomato, basil, and basalmic vinegar topping and Glen loves the hearty sausage and pepperoni layer. Not surprisingly the kids are sticking with their plain old sauce and cheese version, but we're loving our new fresh tasting savory *adult* pizza! (The last time I made it, Glen was out of town so I made it without the meat and really enjoyed it vegetarian style too).



Click here for Printable Recipe


The ingredients:
Click here for Printable Recipe

1/2 lb. pork sausage
1 prebaked Italian bread shell crust (14-oz.)
1 pkg. (6-oz) sliced turkey pepperoni
2 cups (8-oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
1-1/2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
1 Tbs. olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp. minced fresh thyme (or 1/8 tsp. dried thyme)
1/2 tsp. basalmic vinegar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper

In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Place crust on an ungreased baking sheet. Top with pepperoni, sausage, and cheese. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.

In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, sliced basil, oil, garlic, thyme, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Spoon over pizza. Garnish with additional basil if desired.

Enjoy!
Follow RecipesDream