Loading

Mutter Paneer Masala!

Recently while on my way back to home, I saw a bicyclist peddling away very fast! It was a busy crowded road, yet he was riding quite confidently and dodging away very well. Seeing him, I was reminded of my own cycling and for a moment something hit me so hard. Will I ever cycle again? I used to be so fond of cycling and have been doing since I was 10 yrs old. I even rode to my collage, which was easily some 6+ kms in one. Yes I remember sharing my first experience with cycle. But I never thought I would completely give it up!

Wonder how such small things kindles so much thoughts and all while trying to wade my way through the traffic. Life has been pretty hectic off late, I guess its same with most of you! Some of my friends and colleagues tell me that they are just unable to handle the pressure. I wonder why life is become so hard. Was this period really so hard for our parents. I should remember to ask Amma about it. To what I remember it was kind of ok, we atleast had time to sit together and spend sometime.


Anyway today's dish was something I prepared couple of weeks back. Mutter Paneer Masala is one of those first few dishes that introduced me to the fancy North Indian dishes. Though I don't really like munching on the fresh peas, its always been a favorite of mine. Most times I remember this dish to be quite strong and pungent as served in restaurant here. I really don't know how authentic dish is supposed to be. I remember a Bengali version which was very tasty and mild. But I always liked whatever was served on my plate!

I enjoyed eating this after a long time and of course promptly forgot to click the pictures. That's why you can see that its taken in the smallest possible bowl I could find. And before I rattle away, do check out the Town Square, created by Roma. Kudos to her for creating such a wonderful space for the bloggers to hang around. I can imagine how much of work this would have involved!

Mutter Paneer Masala!

Ingredients Needed:

Paneer - 250 gms
Fresh Peas - 100 gms
Onions - 2 medium, pureed
Tomatoes - 1 medium pureed, 1 whole
Grated ginger - 1"
Finely chopped garlic - 2 nos
Cumin powder - 3/4 tsp
Chili powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
Cashew nut powder - 2 tbsp
Cloves - 2
Cinnamon - 1"
Turmeric powder a pinch
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tsp
Oil for frying paneer


Photobucket

Method to prepare:

Wash and cut paneer into cubes. Fry in oil/ghee to golden colour. Keep aside.

Heat a pan with oil, add the garlic and ginger along with cloves and cinnamon. Fry for a min, then add the onion puree. Saute well.

Next goes the tomato puree along with the fresh peas. Except cashew nut powder, add all the masalas along with salt. Simmer and cook with lid covered for 10 mins.

Remove the lid, add the roughly chopped tomatoes and mix well. Cook for 2 mins, add required water and bring to boil.

Add the cashew nut powder and simmer for 2 mins. The tomato chunks gives a good body to the gravy and chewing that gives a good taste. Finally when the gravy is thick enough, add the fried paneer. Cook in high for a min and switch off.

Serve with Roti or Naan!

Hope my Indian Cooking Challenge members are busy with this month's challenge, if you haven't had a look at the Logo, then please do!

End of the week, will be updating on my latest project which has me really excited, will update once its done! Until then have a great week ahead!
Follow RecipesDream