Loading

A Flu and Blogging Interruptus

I just heard on the radio this question to the audience: Has the A Flu changed your daily routine? I would like to hear your voice here, please.

Here in Spain it's like the only thing we talk about these days! It's on the news, on the streets, on the market; everywhere! I think they are getting just too loud about it. Is it that terrific? I don't think so. But then, why are they scaring us so? So far, 23 persons have died from the virus in my country and it seems that the other flu (every year's one) kills more people than that. A Flu is specially virulent with those whom suffer from other cronich diseases.

Why then there's this big fuzz about it? Is it the same in your countries? How has winter been in the southern hemisphere?

Answering my own question, I will say that Yes, I changed my daily habbits. I am a bit paranoid with this and made a plan to try to avoid the flu. This is what I do:

1.- Starting this August I wake up one hour earlier and go for a fast walk. It is important not to run, just walk really fast and get the Tshirt all sweated.
2.- I drink Actimel first thing in the morning. It is supposed to help my body defenses against diseases.
3.- I make a fresh orange juice and drink it immediately. Vitamin C is my ally too. Kiwis are also full of C Vitamin.
4.- I will try to avoid as much as possible public areas such as train stations, subway, cinemas...

Isn't it too crazy? Are Media washing our brains out or rather is it useful to have all that info? What about the vaccine? Is it good that pregnant women have it? What about the money Pharmaceutical Companies earn? I guess we'll get the answers during this winter, won't we?

The great thing about blogging is that it doesn't spread the virus ;D. So lets focus on blogging and delicious recipes. I have a good bunch waiting for their turn in my PC. So, I guess this blogging interruptus has finished :D.

Thank you all again for your concern, advise and great words!!!

As a small taste, take a look at the upcoming recipes... Mmmmmm simply delicious!


Lobster Soupy Rice and Deliciously fresh Gazpacho



Mackerel Timbal and Mashed Green peas with Morcilla



Strawberry Mousse and Lemon Curd Cake

So, you will soon be seeing my face on your blogs! :D
Follow RecipesDream