Loading

Chocolate and Walnuts Cake for High Tea Times



I'm not much into teas; not that I dislike them... it's only that I haven't given them a chance! I'm a coffee person. This means that before my morning coffee I am not a person... I'm a troglodyte and sound like one with ughs and hums before I have my cup. My favourite: an intense expresso with a bit of hot milk and some honey... only after that I become human ;D.


But, this post should be about tea and its sweet/savory pairings. I'm talking about Meeta's Monthly Mingle: High Tea Treats!
I'm kind of obssesed with Chocolate and Walnuts and I keep on trying to find the perfect cake with this combo. Now that I have a breadmaker things are much easier and making the dough and baking it is a kids game :D.

This month (today is the last day), the event is hosted by Aparma from My Diverse Kitchen; hurry up and send your Tea treats too!



So, prepare a hot tea cup and bring something sweet or savory to the feast!


Ingredients: 175 grs of softened butter, 175 grs of brown sugar, 3 beaten eggs, 225 grs of white flour, 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking power, 25 grs of cacao power, 50 grs of chocolate, 50 grs of walnuts, 2 teaspoons of milk, 2 ripe bananas (maximum 300 grs including peels), half a lemon.
I used a wipping machine and a bread machine.

  • Read the whole recipe and get your ingredients ready before starting.
  • Whip the butter and the sugar in a big bowl. Whip the eggs aside and pour little by little in the big bowl. Keep on whipping.
  • Sift the flour and the baking power in a different bowl and add to the big bowl. Whip.
  • Smash the ripe bananas and moist them with the lemon juice. Add them to the big bowl and keep on whipping the mix. Add the cacao, the milk and the chocolate and walnuts (cut into little pieces). Save a couple of walnuts to decorate. Stir.
  • Pour the mix into the bread machine and use the "bake" function. Bake for 1 hour.
  • Once done, take it off and let it cool down on a rack. Slice and serve with your favourite tea.


Just pull up your left or right pinkie and wait until 5 pm to celebrate with your friends ;D.

Follow RecipesDream