Loading

Pumpkin Bread

I usually leave the recipe posting to my sister, recipes, who seems to have a little too much fun cooking and blogging if you ask me, but today I am having a grumpy day (being woke up four times in the night by a bored four-year-old will do that), so I've decided to bake. It's a little sad that baking (and eating the finished product) is like a panacea for all my problems, but it's true. This recipe here is our family's favorite pumpkin bread recipe and is sure to brighten up a dreary autumn day with its pumpkin-y autumn flavor, moist texture, and the ever so important CHOCOLATE! We usually make them as muffins, but the loaves are fun for sharing with friends. I usually use whole wheat flour and sometimes replace some of the oil with applesauce, which is still very good.

Click here for printable recipe.

The ingredients:
3 cups sugar
1 can (16-oz.) pumpkin
3-1/2 cups flour ( I use part whole wheat)
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
2/3 cup water
2/3 cup oil (or applesauce to save fat & calories)
4 eggs
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1 - 2 cups chocolate chips

Cream all ingredients together and put into greased and floured loaf pans (2). Bake 1 hour at 350°. We actually rarely make them as whole loaves, but make them in muffin tins instead. It cuts way down on the baking time and makes it easier to dole out to the kids. For muffins bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes.

Enjoy!
Follow RecipesDream