Loading

White Chicken Pizza with Caramelized Onions

Every Friday is pizza night at our house, so we're always on the hunt for fun new pizza recipes to try.  This is one I found from Spryte's Place that caught my eye. I'm normally not such a huge white sauce fan, but I loved the addition of the garlic cream cheese and felt like I was eating at a gourmet pizzeria.  The kids were scared off by all the onions, but the onions is why I loved it so much.  Definitely a keeper! 

Click here for printable recipe. 

The ingredients:
2 Tbs. butter
3 cups thinly sliced sweet onions
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. thyme
2 oz. garlic herb cream cheese (I used Boursin light--see picture above)
1 pre-baked pizza crust
 1/3 cup prepared Alfredo sauce
1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
1/4 cup Italian blend shredded cheese

Directions: Melt butter in a skillet and cook onions and sugar for 20-25 minutes, until deep golden brown and caramelized; stir in thyme leaves.




Stir cream cheese and Alfredo sauce together.

  Spread over pizza crust.


Top with chicken ,


then onions,


then shredded cheese. 



Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until heated through.  Enjoy!
Follow RecipesDream