Loading

Timbal de Ensaladilla rusa


Last Thursday, I was driving at my car's top speed: 60 km per hour, sun was shining, skies were blue, finally feeling some heat in my cheeks and feet; and the radio gifted me with:


I see trees of green... red roses too,
I see them bloom... for me and you.
And I think to myself... what a wonderful world!



This is exactly the way I felt! This is the kind of sensation it makes me believe I'm Superwoman :D. Spring is blooming and salads, fresh ingredients and colours find their way to my plates.
Introducing you to Ensaladilla rusa, I really don't know why it has this name but it's an easy recipe and everybody seems to like it.




Ingredients for 4 servings: 400 grs of green beans (I bought them fresh, but you can also find them in cans), 4 carrots, 2 piquillo peppers, 1 can of White Tuna's belly from Serrats, 8 canned sardines (the smallest kind), extra virgin olive oil, salt and mayonnaise.

  • Clean and wash the green beans, carrots and potatoes and cut in dices. Steam in a steaming pot. When tender, reserve.
  • Take the piquillos and cut them in small pieces. Reserve.
  • Empty the tuna's belly can in a big bowl and wait until the rest of ingredients get cold. Carefully mix them. Dress with olive oil and salt and prepare the timbals. Watch out! Mine only lasted for seconds ;D. Place the sardines on top before the building breaks apart.
  • Serve with mayonnaise.
I see skies of blue... clouds of white.
Bright blessed days... dark secret nights.
And I think to myself... what a wonderful world.

There's many versions and ingredients for Ensaladilla rusa. Click here to get a different one.
Follow RecipesDream