Loading

Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Raspberry Sauce

I thought I was going to be able to cook all these new recipes during Spring Break, but I sort of forgot how crazy life suddenly gets with all 5 kids home from school.  Add to that, that the weather is stunningly gorgeous and we all want to spend every waking second outdoors and I'm decidedly not getting much cooking (or blogging) done this week.  I found the recipe for these pancakes in a new church cookbook I just got this past week.  I was intrigued by the ricotta cheese and the lemon and couldn't wait to cook them for my family.   These were light, subtly flavored, and very fine crumbed.  I felt like I was eating a gourmet version of pancakes.    Next time I make them I'll try them with fresh fruit and whipping cream. (Thanks to my friend Kylee for a yummy new recipe.)

Click here for printable recipe.

The ingredients:

PANCAKES: 
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup milk
3 eggs, separated
1/4 cup sugar
zest and juice of 1 lemon
1-1/2 cups flour
1 Tbs. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt

SAUCE:
2-1/2 cups frozen raspberries, thawed
1/2 cup sugar

In a large bowl, whisk together the ricotta, milk, egg yolks, sugar, lemon zest and juice until smooth.

Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt over the ricotta mixture and stir with  a wooden spoon until just combined.  In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.  Using rubber spatula, fold egg whites into ricotta mixture.


Cook pancakes on a lightly oiled griddle or skillet over medium heat until golden, 1-2 minutes per side.

For the sauce, combine raspberries and sugar in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.


Add up to 1/4 cup water to achieve desired consistency.  Serve pancakes warm with raspberry sauce or fresh fruit and whipped cream.  Makes 12 standard sized pancakes.  Enjoy!
Follow RecipesDream