Loading

{How-to} Make Giant Lollipop Decorations



Since my daughter's candy party (back in March) I've had lots of questions about the giant lollipops I made as decorations for the front walkway.  The idea is not my own, I found many similar lollipops on several different sites as I was gathering ideas for my daughter's party.  This was one of the many crafts I prepared weeks in advance.  They are not hard to make, and can be used to add color and whimsy indoors or out.


Here are the supplies you need-
Styrofoam circles
(I found them at Michael's and Wal-Mart) The one surprising thing about this craft is that the styrofoam is actually quite expensive!  The larger circles were close to $5.00 each. 
Wooden dowels
(available at most craft stores and Wal-Mart for about $0.50 each)
White spray paint
Colored tissue paper
Cellophane
(I used iridescent cellophane- from Michael's)
Ribbon

~ Directions ~
Step 1-  Spray paint the wooden dowels white.  Allow them to dry, then cut the dowels to desired lengths.

Step 2- Wrap styrofoam circles with colored tissue paper.  Wrap them the best you can, but they don't have to be perfect, because the cellophane will cover the imperfections pretty well.


Step 3-  Push a dowel into the wrapped styrofoam.  If you want, you can put a little glue on the dowel before you push it in (I didn't glue mine).

Step 4-  Cut a piece of cellophane and wrap it over the styrofoam, gathering the ends around the dowel.


Step 5-  Tie a piece of ribbon around the gathered cellophane, then make a bow.


That's it!  Adorable, calorie-free lollipops!


A fun way to welcome guests to a sweet party!


Follow RecipesDream