Loading

things which aren't readily available and which I miss terribly.

I've never been a fruit person. Those close to me can easily list at least ten fruits which I simply will not eat: strawberries, bananas, and melons among them. But what I lack in interest for such fruits, I make up for in passion for others: plums, peaches, cherries, especially.

I grew up in southwestern Ontario, not far from some of the best Niagara peaches which we used to pick every summer with my grandparents. Pick-your-own peach farms were as common as PYO apples, and we'd go home with baskets full of them. When I got a little older, my mom would take us up to the annual peach festival at Niagara-on-the-Lake, where we'd eat peach pie, peach cobbler, drink peach juice, and fawn over things we couldn't afford in the town's tiny shops.

A few years ago, I made a peach pie for a friend's midsummer garden party. I can't seem to remember exactly what recipe I used (or if I used one at all) but came across this along the way. Peach and Creme Fraiche Pie. I won't be able to make this for a while, if at all, because peaches don't seem to appear so much around here. But I dream of the day when I can.
Follow RecipesDream