Loading

{How-to} Make Custom Water Bottle Labels



Many months ago, as I was making plans for my daughter's candy party I started looking into getting custom water bottle labels.  I'd seen parties (on-line) that had cute custom labels on the bottles and I wanted to try to do the same.  I found labels I could buy for $0.80-$1.00 each, but that was out of the budget.  I continued searching for any "how-to's" on making my own labels, and searched for good prices on the printable vinyl that most custom label sellers seemed to be using.  Even the vinyl was quite expensive.  I continued looking for information, and I was finally able to put together some ideas from a few different sights and make my own cute labels.  The best part is, I didn't have to buy any special materials, and the cost per label is only pennies!  
Within about a weeks time I made custom labels for my daughter's party (photo above), the "She's about to Pop" shower I helped a friend host (below), and also some pretty labels for a 55th anniversary celebration (second photo below).



All three of the labels above took me quite a bit of time designing them on Photoshop. But even if you don't have the time or knowledge to design your own, you can still make some, using pretty scrapbooking paper (see photo below). 


Ready to make your own?
You need-
A strip of paper (custom designed, or just printed scrapbooking paper) 1 3/4" tall and 8 1/2" wide. 
Paper cutter (for neatly cutting your paper)
Packing tape (clear, heavy tape 2" wide)
Water bottles (I use Target's store brand, Archer Farms, because they are smooth, sleek looking bottles).


Now you're ready to go!
Lay your label out on the table, and pull out a piece of packing tape just slightly longer (on each side of the label) than your paper.  You should also have just a tiny bit of tape above and below your paper (since the paper is 1 3/4" tall and the tape is 2" tall).  Press the tape smoothly onto the paper.



Pick up your label (the paper and tape are now one) and line it up as straight as you can along the side of the bottle.  Press tape end onto the bottle.


Guide the label around the bottle (as straight as possible).



If you were able to keep the label level all the way around the bottle, your ends should meet up pretty nicely.


And voila...
custom water bottle labels!


This one is for the Rainbow's and Race cars birthday I'm planning for later this month. 
Has water ever looked cuter? 

One final note...
I wouldn't call these labels 100% waterproof.  They do resist condensation pretty well, but I'm not sure how they would hold up if you just throw them in a bucket of ice.  Each time I've used them I keep them in the fridge and then pull them out and line them up on the counter just before the party.

Follow RecipesDream