Loading

Pineapple Halwa ~ Halwa Recipes

There have been days when I thought what next fruit to make into a halwa. Not that I particularly like Halvas but there is things fixation on making a halwa that comes with a deep fitted passion of getting a halwa done. I love Tirunelveli halwa but well it is not an easy task to make. One can get settled down with something else in most cases right. 

This Pineapple Halwa was waiting patiently for over months. Pineapple is one of my favorite fruits. Infact I enjoy chopping down the fruit. Athamma always gets father in law to get pineapple for us when he visits us. On one such occasion he got two fruits and we were at fits trying to decide what to make other than eating it as such. I remembered the many times I used to make Pineapple Upside down Cake a decade ago. Well I am sure I will make it one of these days.

When for Sankranthi, Athamma made this halwa I felt it was more of a toffee too. One that we can roll into balls and gift.


Pineapple Halwa

Pineapple puree - 1 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Milk - 2 tbsp
All purpose flour - 1 tsp
Ghee - 1 tsp

Method to prepare:

Wash, trim the pineapple into chunks, make a puree in a mixer.

Heat a thick bottom pan, add the pineapple puree, bring it boil. Then simmer add the sugar.

Dissolve the flour in milk and slowly add to the boiling puree.

When you find the mix is almost coming from the sides, add the ghee and continue stirring well.

When the mix is almost thicken, remove from flame.


We didn't allow to thicken further to make a burfi, it was quite in a liquid form.

I enjoyed this more as making this into a small balls, which tasted as toffees.

Update: Sending this to Nivedita's Celebrate Sweets - Halwa event!

Other Halwa recipes
Follow RecipesDream