Loading

rhubarb and cardamom tart.



It's not often that I bookmark recipes to try; I have a tendency to be a bit of a safe-player when it comes to baking, trying out new variations on old standbys rather than trying something entirely new. But Helene's (Tartelette's) recent post about her grandmother's rhubarb tart had me sold: the photo itself did most of the work, but her descriptions of cardamom scented custard sealed the deal. Vaguely reminiscent of Nigella Lawson's famous proclamation of "nutmeggy fumes wafting" in a baker's trail, this tart had warmth, spice, and just the right amount of subtle sweetness.



Helene's recipe called for a cup of sugar - as Michael doesn't eat sugar, I went with my gut and used honey. It turned out fine, and while I'm not sure it would ever measure up to Tartelette scratch, it went down a storm in my house.

See the original recipe here.
Follow RecipesDream