Loading

Baby Shower Cookies

This past week I made some cookie for a baby shower a friend was hosting.  The baby to be is a little boy, who will be named Caige.  The colors of the shower were sage green, cream and brown.  I designed these simple, classic cookies to coordinate with other treats the hostess would be serving.  I think the general designs could be used to coordinate with any color scheme, and would work equally well for a birthday, by simply changing the word baby, and maybe including the number of the birthday. 


I love the simple little dot cookies, these were about a 1.5 inch circle.  I created custom colored sanding sugar by adding one drop of food coloring (in the desired color) to a small jar of white sanding sugar.  Just shake, shake, shake, and voila!



My friend took the photo above of my cookie with a few other treats that were served.  (And don't ask where you can buy that beautiful ruffled stand... because I already have!  It's an antique from her grandmother).

My sugar cookie recipe is HERE.
And some decorating how-to's to get you started are HERE.

Follow RecipesDream