Loading

Cilantro Lime Rice

We went to Chipolte last weekend and I got some of this yummy rice for Em. I ended up eating most of it. Yum! I looked all over the web for some copycat recipes and I made this version this morning. This will be a great side dish to some of the mexican dishes I make. I might tweek it a little bit, but here's my starting point. Maybe next time I'll use soy oil? Or vegetable oil. Hmmmm....

Ingredients:
Drizzle of oil or pat of butter
1 cup basmati rice (or long grained white rice)
1 2/3 cup water
1 bay leaf
salt
small bunch of cilantro
1 lime
Instructions:
Melt some oil or butter in a saucepan over low heat. Stir in rice. Add water and salt and bay leaf, bring to a full rolling boil. At boiling, cover and turn down to a simmer over low heat about 10-15 minutes. Fluff with fork. Drizzle with some oil of your choice (I used olive). Mix in juice from 1 lime and cilantro. Serve.
Follow RecipesDream