Loading

“Neiman Marcus” Chocolate Chip Cookies

cookies
I grew up eating my mom’s homemade chocolate chip cookies. She had this recipe. THE recipe. The recipe to end ALL RECIPES. I took that recipe to college and converted all my roommates to the one and only correct recipe.
So imagine my surprise when I talked to my mom recently and found out that she hasn’t used that recipe for years. She has a NEW recipe. The nerve! I had to try it.
It’s been a long time since I made the original recipe, so I can’t do an accurate comparison, but these are very good. And they have the advantage of containing whole oat flour (made by throwing rolled oats into the blender for a few pulses), so they’re, like, healthy and stuff.
Totally healthy, she says as she shoves another one in her mouth.
Here’s the recipe.
“Neiman Marcus” Chocolate Chip Cookies--by Karey
click here for printable recipe.


1 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
2.5 cups oat flour (blended oatmeal)
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
12 oz. chocolate chips
1.5 cups chopped nuts (Optional)

Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla; mix together with all-purpose flour, oat flour, salt, baking powder, and soda. Add chocolate chips and nuts. Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees. Makes 56 cookies.
This is actually half the recipe, since very few people need 112 cookies in one day like the original recipe makes. I, however, did need 112 cookies today (for a very good cause! chomp, chomp) so that’s why I have a TON of cookie dough in my bowl up there.
Do you have a favorite old recipe, or a favorite new one?
Follow RecipesDream