Loading

A Sweet Week in San Francisco



I'm home tonight from a five day visit to San Francisco.  I'm a native Californian, so I've been to San Francisco several times before, but this trip was extra special!  The five days were spent shopping, eating, chatting, and then a bit more shopping and eating!  I shared this wonderful week with Sharnel of My life my loves, a beautiful friend whom I met (on the internet) several years ago through our mutual love of cupcakes and pretty things.  Although I've considered Sharnel a true friend (much more than just an internt acquaintance) for quite a while, we've never met in person.  Sharnel flew from her home in Australia this past week and we enjoyed a whirlwind tour of San Francisco.  I have LOTS of fun photos to share (that I'll include in a few future posts), but I'll start with a little overview.... 


Here is Sharnel (on the left) and I just hours after first meeting in person.  We enjoyed a lunch down on Fisherman's Wharf.  Sharnel enjoyed the traditional sea side lunch, clam chowder in a fresh sourdough bread bowl. 

Throughout our visit we enjoyed the beautiful and unique architecture and scenery of San Francisco....





We also enjoyed a few sweets along the way...




And rounded out the sweets with a few other yummy foods...



We also did LOTS of fun shopping...


(Above) We enjoyed a stop at Paper Source after sharing a beautiful lunch with Becca of Birthday Girl, and Michelle of Cakewalk (more photos of our visit with these lovely ladies in a future post).

(Below)  One of the stops on our "must see" list included a gorgeous ribbon store... Sharnel and I went nuts in this store ohh-ing and ahh-ing.


That's all from our trip for tonight.  I'll be sharing more photos in future posts.  We found a few really special places I'll look forward to sharing!  I had such a wonderful time with Sharnel, a beautiful person inside and out.  Not to mention, incredibly talented, kind, genuine and down right hysterical... this girl has an amazing sense of humor!  But I am also glad to be home... somehow my town feels more like "home" than ever, my husband looks cuter than ever (I wanted to say sexier than ever, can I say that?) and my children seem extra angelic. 
Home sweet home. 

Follow RecipesDream