Loading

Memories the Essence of Life ~ Best of 2010!

It is that moment in the year when you sit back to think of what has passed by through the year. I was keen not to forget to announce this event and many got back saying how wonderful it is to do this recap. I agree, when you look back you see all these twelve months passing by in front of you in a visage.

When I read back on what I wrote for 2009, I seem to be struck at that point. But let me now talk about things that didn't happen. It is going to happen, but let me talk about things that did happen and left a mark on my memory.


I wanted to do a similar one on a personal level not connected to food as this year was remarkable in many other ways too. I could do one in this year in passing. I was so moved doing it as it touched on some important things that happened. Every year you are bound to see good and bad, it is said you learn from your mistakes, cherish your happiness. Don't dwell on the bad things, you are not going to get anything out of it. That has always been my policy and I am not going to change it now.

On the food blogging front, I have posted about 82 recipes, some classics and some new. And yes this year has been good in many Food related fronts, including being part of this blogging community.

January saw me hosting my favorite recap of MLLA event. I started and ended Year 2009 with this event. I am happy to have good friends like Susan.

February saw me Basic dishes. I did a diet Program

In March I met bloggers from Chennai through IndiBloggers and was awarded Best Culinary Post - Avant Garde Bloggies Awards for Gulab Jamun. Then of course it was the festival occasion of Ugadi.

April celebrated 3 years of blogging and I had Thanda Mela on the occasion.

May saw me preparing some traditional breakfasts for my sils. And I also released a Kindle version of my e-Book.

June saw me getting more involved into Microwave Cooking, where I announced of 365 days of Microwave Cooking.

July saw me posting on How to make Rasam in 5 minutes which by the way seems to be the most asked question. What followed in this month were a series of Microwave dishes.

August saw One Million Visits to the blog and some yummy treats to celebrate too.

September celebrated Vinayaka Chavithi special, while Ganesh is the remover of bad doings, it seems very fitting.

October had me flying to SFO to attend the BlogHer Food 10 conference. I was a panel speaker on Food Diplomats and Cuisine Ambassadors. It was a trip of a lifetime, very memorable for a Food blogger to meet and represent India on an international level.

November celebrated Deepavali.

December saw me celebrating Terra Madre Day getting back to Baking and of course meeting my blogger friends.

Indian Cooking Challenge members grew and we did many interesting challenges

Each and every post lingers leaving a lasting impression in mind. I so look forward to the year that is coming and hoping to blog more.

A very happy new year to all my readers who take time to read my blog and get me going. If there is anything that you feel should be done in the coming year, leave a comment will try to target it.

Follow RecipesDream